Dec 032010

From: Jennifer
To: Andy
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Subject: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Kids were watching Wonder Pets on Netflix and I went to take a shower. Eleanor came into the bathroom a few minutes later saying the show was over and I needed to turn on another one. I told her to tell Henry to take the remote and click on the top square and another one would play. They were watching a new episode when I got out of the shower and Henry said he turned it on. That kid is too smart.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Andy
To: Jennifer
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Too funny. If someone knocks on the door with an Austrian accent, don’t open the door.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Jennifer
To: Andy
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:22PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

What if he tells us to come with him if we want to live?

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Andy
To: Jennifer
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:27PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Then it’s a good Terminator. Go with him and get in touch with me through back channels so I can meet up with you. STAY OFF THE GRID!! If your mom calls you, don’t tell her where you are because it could be a bad Terminator disguising his voice—they can do that.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Jennifer
To: Andy
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:42PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Will do. If we’re gone when you get home from work, check the file cabinets in the office—I’ll come back from the future and leave your weapons and money there.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Andy
To: Jennifer
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:45PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

This is funny and all – but wouldn’t the bad terminators want to keep Henry alive so he can build skynet and start the war? I know we can’t hurt our boy but how do we change the future???

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Jennifer
To: Andy
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:47PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Oh yeah, you’re right. Change of plans—will not open to the door to anyone with an Austrian accent. You might be on your own, but I’m not too worried about the future. Henry’s too much of a mama’s boy to let me die in his robot apocalypse.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Andy
To: Jennifer
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:52PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

This whole discussion should go on your blog as an example of why we are such big dorks.

______________________________________________________________________________

From: Jennifer
To: Andy
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:56PM
Subject: RE: Henry is one step closer to inventing Skynet

Agreed! I need to be cleaning the house, but your blog suggestion sounds better. Besides, why clean? When John Connor barges into our house looking for the evil robots, he’ll just mess up the place again.

4 Responses to “It’s probably a good thing Andy and I found each other”

1. OMG! You two are too funny. Thanks for sharing instead of cleaning!

2. Lovely. Glad we’re not the only ones…

3. Oddly enough Jon and I never email each other, but this sounds like many geeky conversations we’ve had.

Actually now that I think about it, Jon and I don’t email each other because we never started doing it in the first place. We met at work where we sat in the same project room. We did a lot of IM in those days (10 years ago, ack). Now we both telecommute from home so we can pop into each other’s offices to say something.

4. :) I LOVE your blog, btw.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.